I didn't stay long today either; Alan was there with them, working around dad's pond, cleaning brush. Yesterday he needed some fence fixed and mentioned it to one of dad's friends who had just stopped by. The friend stayed to help. The fence got fixed.
Today was Malerie's 10th birthday. Mother brought her and Allison to Springfield and we had Malerie's party at Incredible Pizza. I know Malerie was worried that her birthday might not be all she had hoped with all of the work going on, but she told me tonight it was a great birthday. :)
Everyone has been so generous. This weekend, the new door got installed to the bedroom, the electrical is figured out in the bathroom, the hill has been leveled some, and they dug out around the retaining wall that needs to be fixed (with just shovels and hard work).
I have phone calls to make, materials to purchase, equipment (handicapped) for the home that I need to check on, and etc. before next weekend, when we will do this all again. Interviews for caregivers begin tomorrow (during my lunch hour). We will work through an organization for this need.
Despite what was reported on the news, this is not a one-weekend project. I will keep you posted, and I will try to upload pictures as we go.
No comments:
Post a Comment